Monday, August 11, 2008

Tea & El Gripe

So today I am sick. I guess this is what happens when you ignore the sore throat and opt to go out to a house party where crazy argentines end up karaoking to the DJ spinning “Hit Me Baby One More Time.” Um, WHAT? All I know is that I now have (ominous music, please) “EL GRIPE,” which sounds totally better than the flu.



Anyways, after sleeping for 15 hours, I decided to get my pathetic self out of bed and go get some tea. A bit of a walk away is the Tea Connection in Puerto Madero. They also have a full menu, but I didn’t get that far. The tea menu was enticing - blacks, reds, greens, infusions, herbals, fruities, regulars, floweries - while the atmosphere was nice. Personally, in my current condition, I would have preferred a homier atmosphere, but I can still appreciate the clean, modern presentation provided. As I sat in fetal with a slight feverish aura about me, I waiting for the charming little hourglass to tell me my sancha cammomile was now worthy of my tasting. The tea was just what the doctor ordered, a piping hot pot of immune boosting green tea. Next time I’ll get a pastry treat, since it is an ideal place to bring a computer and linger.

All in all, I’m going to start drinking tea more often to help with metabolism and digestion and whatnot. I then I’m going to start exercising more, adopt a biomicrobic diet, get really spiritual and next time you see me I’m going to be glowing. But for now I am just plain sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with your blog! Your Spanish comments/words are put in at just the right time. You are quite the comedian little laurenzo!! Keep writing...

Miss you,
JonVieve